In the meantime, it seems the resistance is organizing itself and growing stronger, according to this letter:
- Sometime on Tuesday, small urban gangs began organizing within themselves, and, armed with melee weapons and small caliber firearms, began hunting down and attacking Besiji. They are being called, amongst themselves somewhat and by the members of Anonymous and other forum assistants, the National Iranian Resistance, or NIR. We know that as NIR were seen to be an asset to the Iranian people, as they offered protection from Besiji and knew the streets of their cities intimately, they began receiving support in the form of information from many older Iranian citizens, such as shop owners and business people. Due to their spontaneous formation, the Resistance has, as of now, no centralized governing body, tending to operating on a tightly knit cellular level. We are at this time unsure of where the Besiji that are being detained by the Resistance are being taken.
- The members of the Resistance do this at great risk to themselves. There are many reports of groups of Besiji and Resistance encountering each other, and the Resistance being killed on sight. Additionally, when NIR are found by Pasdarna troops (Also known as the IRG, IRGC, Iranian Revolutionary Guard (Corps)) they are arrested. Where they are taken is currently unknown.
- On Wednesday morning, Supreme Ayatollah Khamenei authorized the following individuals complete control to suppress all protest movements in 1 week (June 24th, 2009.) Afshin Kamel, Haj Ali Rezaei, Ali Afsari, Majid Afshardi Amir Ghorbani, Amir Maghouli, Amir Hossein Arich, Mehdi Amiri, Hossein Yabgar, Ilias Dizji, Ebrahim Mahmoodi, Mehdi Ebrahimi, Mehdi Ebrahimi Fereidoon Taghizadeh, and Mahmoud Fatehi. Most of the above are officers within the Pasdarna, of varying ranks.
- In response, the Islamic Republic of Iran Army, which is the armed forces sanctioned by the constitution of Iran, have taken measures to protect the people of Iran, and the sanctity of the Republic. Those measures have included arresting Besiji militants, as well as patrolling the streets of various cities, focusing on Tehran, almost continually since Wednesday afternoon until the time of writing, Saturday morning. As they have been ordered, they have taken many Resistance members into custody, however they are yet to turn any over to Pasdarna forces. At this point, that is close to a direct defiance of orders from the Supreme Leader.
- At some point after the Army began pursuing Besiji leads, with the combined efforts of the Resistance, the Islamic Republic of Iran Army's leading officers began telling top politicians, including Khamenei himself, that they plead for no violence, or they will be forced to carry out their constitutional duty and fullfil their oath, protecting the people of Iran. They cite Article 143 of the Iranian Constitution.
- Additionally, they state that Ahmadinejad personally violated Article 145 of the Iranian Constitution by using foreign forces against citizens of Iran. As of Thursday evening, both Palestinian Hamas and Lebanese Hezbollah were known to be aiding the Revolutionary Guard.
- Finally, they have the legal support granted by Articles 3.6, 38, and 39 to stop any attempted coup d'etat against the Republic. While not publically acknowledged, it is implied that they are accusing Khamenei and Ahmadinejad, as well as the Pasdarna, of attempting to seize total control over the Republic of Iran.
- Friday morning, prior to the prayers and Khamenei's speech, the National Iranian Resistance leaders of various areas began asking for the Iranian Army to assist them in protecting the Iranian people on Saturday.
- They also warn that if Khamenei is removed from his seat by political and clerical action by the clerics in Qom, and another Supreme Ayatollah is appointed, it may result in Ahmadinejad and the above named Iranians seizing full control of Iran.
- It is suspected that on the protests at Saturday, June 20th, 2009, to be held at 4pm, across the cities of Iran, the Islamic Republic of Iran Army will not have the strength to defend all protests and protesters from the combined threat of Besiji and Iranian Revolutionary Guard forces. The National Iranian Resistance have shared that they are going to attend protests and do what they can to protect people from military action, however they have very little military experience and acknowledge that flaw. Additionally, members of the Resistance with clerical experience will be with the protesters, providing them with the guidance and protection of God, an additional disobedience to the will of Khamenei.
- Published at 12:39, Saturday, June 20th, 2009 [Iranian Time]
- The above document was written by ProtesterHelp, available on twitter at http://twitter.com/ProtesterHelp and e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please share this with whoever you feel would be interested.
Older video showing student leader protesting Ah-jad before the elections
from yesterday, Basi shoot down protesters - protesters continue
from yesterday night: Basij are rioting and killing people, filmed by a women from the rooftops who is crying
A very graphic picture of dead protester